Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering or the GATE Exam is a popular exam for admission to post graduate engineering courses, Government of India provides scholarship to GATE qualified candidates. Many engineering students have some confusion regarding whether they should go for M.Tech through GATE or to go for MBA through CAT Exam. There is a misconception among many students, that Pursuing M.Tech is only for becoming Professor in Engineering college. It is actually not like that; There are some more reasons of Why you should appear in Gate Exam.
- Higher salaries are offered for M.Tech/M.E. candidates comparing to B.E./B.Tech candidates.
- More better and reputed companies hire M. Tech students through campus recruitments.
- M.Tech degree provides you specialization in a certain area, and you can go for PhD after that.
- Scholarship is provided to GATE qualified students, so you can do your M.Tech almost free of cost.
- You can apply for faculty/ research positions in educational institutes / R&D centres.
- M.Tech is a 2 year (4 semesters for Teaching Assistance) or 3 years (6 semesters Research Assistance) program, so you get more time to work out on other career opportunities as well.
- You can have the chance to study in a nationally reputed institute.
- In many colleges/institutes GATE is mandatory qualification even for admission to self financed institutes.
- Many industries and foreign universities prefer GATE qualified candidates.
- GATE qualified candidates are also eligible for the award of junior research fellowship in CSIR laboratories.
- Many Public service units like ONGC, IOCL, BPCL, HPCL, and Power grid are now directly recruiting candidates on GATE score basis.
These are the reasons why one should appear the GATE exam. You are most welcome to post your opinions and any other reasons.